Thursday, June 05, 2014

Fun Activities for Babycakes

When you go online, you get so many ideas for activities for kids which are easy to do, easy on the pocket (you can use stuffs laying around your house or in the kitchen) and most importantly, activities that promote fine motor skills and keep the kid occupied. I am always inspired and motivated and get ambitious when I come across posts or websites with such ideas. So when I have the materials and the time (and patience) to do it, I'll try to do it with Babycakes.

ACTIVITY No. 1:
I taped a toilet roll tube to a table and gave her some materials like cotton balls, mini clothes pegs, aluminium foil balls etc for her to put through the tube. I also made a dough out of flour and hair conditioner, which smelt amazing. However, the dough balls tend to crumble easily and gosh what a huge mess it created! So yes, I made Babycakes clean up the mess. >.< She loves using the mini broom and dust pan anyway everytime I sweep the house so while she still enjoys sweeping, why not take advantage of it, right?
  
ACTIVITY No. 2:
Take a kitchen colander and some pipe cleaners. Both items can be easily found at Daiso. Let your kid put the pipe cleaners through the small holes in the colander. This promotes fine motor skills. But mid-way through the activity, she became geli looking at the pipe cleaners poking through the holes. She said they're like caterpillars. Such Mummy's girl, this one. Semua benda nak geli. >.<

 
ACTIVITY No. 3:
Painting alphabets and numbers. I took an old cardboard, drew alphabets and numbers with a marker pen and made my own paint by mixing flour, water and food colouring. I gave her some cotton buds and asked her to trace the alphabets and numbers. 
  
Things can get messy at times but I tried to be  cool about it. It is, after all, a learning process for both Babycakes and I. It is also definitely better than letting her watch Frozen for the gazillionth time, right?

No comments: