Friday, April 01, 2016

5 Years Today

1 April 2016 marks my 5th year working in this law firm. This is the third firm I've worked with and alhamdulillah the longest so far. It has been a wonderful 5 years, but definitely not one without its ups and downs. What is life if it doesn't feel like a roller coaster ride, isn't it?
I still remember when I decided to leave my previous firm somewhere in October 2010. Truly, Allah is the best planner. I officially left the previous firm in December 2010, just in time for my wedding in January 2011. I was practically jobless when I got married. I didn't even send my resume anywhere, I didn't even send an application. Things just happen and then I eventually started looking for jobs in March 2011. Hubby and I then moved out of my parents' house and moved to our current place and then there happens to be a vacancy in this firm so I applied and went in for an interview and voila, I started work on 1 April 2011. I have learned a lot in this firm, I have seen a lot, I have done a lot but there is still a very long journey ahead of me. The law itself is so vast and there are so many things to read and learn everyday. Everyday is a challenge, everyday is a lesson. I am still learning, there are still numerous laws and areas that I am not familiar with.
So to mark this date, I am rewarding myself with a piece of cake. As if I need reasons to have a cake but since today is a special day, I feel having this cake is justified.
Whether I am going to move to another firm or to set up my own or to hang my robe indefinitely is yet to be known. I don't know what will happen in the future, I don't know where I will be in the future. Only He knows. All I can and will do is give my best and hope for the best. And of course, never stop praying to Him.
Wouldn't it be nice if I have five little candles on the cake?

No comments: